Administration and Human Resources Management Unit
To provide expertise and services on human resources management and administrative matters to Office.
- Facilitate employee relations and welfare including health, safety, sports and culture;
- Provide registry, messengerial and courier services; and manage office records;
- Handle all protocol matters;
- Facilitate provision of security services, transport and general utilities;
- Facilitate general custodian services to include maintenance of office equipment, buildings and grounds;
- Implement diversity issues including gender, disability andHIV/AIDS etc and be the Office’s Gender Focal Point;
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the Wage Bill of the Office and Recurrent Budget for the Office;
- Advise on organizational efficiency of the Office; and
- Coordinate implementation of Client Service Charter.
Human Resource Management Schedule
- Coordinate staff recruitment, selections, placements, confirmations, promotions and transfers for the Office;
- Carry out human resources planning to determine supply and demand for professionals under the Office;
- Administer salaries and process payrolls;
- Coordinate implementation of Open Performance Review and Appraisal System (OPRAS), assess the appraisal results; prepare implementation reports; and make follow-ups on the implementation of the recommendations on individual OPRAS forms;
- Process and update records of various leaves of absence;
- Oversee employee’s benefits (pension, allowances etc) and entitlements;
- Prepare Annual Personnel Emolument Estimates;
- Oversee services related to separation from the service (retirement, resignation, etc);
- Prepare and facilitate implementation of succession plans;
- Facilitate orientation/induction programs for new entrants in the service;
- Facilitate Human Resource training and career development (professional development, performance improvement, pre-retirement, part-time, and overseas) for the Office;
- Facilitate human resource development (training, coaching, mentoring, and job rotation);
- Carry out impact assessment of the training programs and prepare assessment reports;
- Develop and implement staff development plans;
- Initiate and co-ordinate in-house courses and on the job training; and
- Provide information, clarifications and briefings on human resources and training matters.
The Unit will be led by a Director.