Internal Audit Unit
To provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer in the proper management of Resources.
- Prepare Strategic Audit Plans;
- Review and report on proper control over the receipt, custody and utilization of all financial resources of the Records and Archives Management Department;
- Review and report on conformity with financial and operational procedures laid down in any legislation or any regulation or instruction issued under such legislation and good accounting practice as from time to time defined by the Accountant General;
- Review and report on the correct classification and allocation of revenue and expenditure accounts;
- Review and report on the reliability and integrity of financial and operating data;
- Review and report on the systems in place used to safeguard assets, and as appropriate, the verification of the existence of such assets;
- Review and report on operation or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals;
- Review and report on the adequacy of action by the management in response to internal audit reports;
- Review and report on the adequacy of controls built into computerized systems in place in the Records and Archives Management Department;
- Coordinate audit programmes;
- Conduct performance audit on appraisal of development projects; and
- Conduct operational/value for Internal Auditor.
This Unit will be led by a Chief Internal Auditor